Prarie Quilt

Prarie Quilt in Andover's Warm Fat Quarters by Edyta Sitar

 Amanda Castor at Material Girl provided a free pattern she calls Prarie Quilt.  You can find her video here. 

I had purchased Edyta Sitar's Warm fat quarter bundle at steep discount.  I also have her "cool" bundle which I liked much better.  Most of these warm colors are in the pinky orange family.  I have a recipient in mind, but I don't really care for the fabric.  The cool bundle is totally awesome. But each of us

My quilt is on the design board, so I could not get a full pic of it--nor did I take the greatest of care in editing!

 The pattern is quite striking.  I want to provide a few observations.

  • the sharp geometric lines on this quilt are quite nice.
  • This is the first block where the seam push is not very intuitive.   
    • to get nested seams, you have to push fabric in a way that it does not naturally want to go.
  • These are 18" blocks. I think that the quilt would be prettier, to my eye, with a smaller block...maybe 12" instead of 18" which will give more of the pattern to work.

Would I make this again?  Unsure.  The seam push fight was not appealing.  It is not a design issue in the least, but rather a function of the block.  However, I'm sure GLAD that I made it.

This pattern uses the 4 at a time fast flying geese method. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment