Dinner Success

My dinner was a success.  We dug potatoes from the garden.  Grilled asparagus.  And enjoyed our lamb/beef sliders.

Well, they were not quite sliders as the buns that I made from scratch ended up being regular size though I had followed the sizing.  Even though it was humid, the dough came together beautifully.  Who can resist homemade bread?  Thankfully, I had not made my burgers, so I was able to size to the bun. 

The burgers were wonderful.  1:2 beef:lamb ratio.  A safe ratio to introduce people to lamb.  I found the ground lamb at Kroger.  I also found some great wines and Belgian beers to accompany our meal. 

This was my first introduction to baharat spice blend.  Here is is from Food.com.

4 tablespoons ground black pepper
2 tablespoons ground coriander
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons ground cloves
3 tablespoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
4 tablespoons paprika

The blend that was instructed in the Bon Appetit was not as robust as the above.  I will try to blend above next time.
 
Even though it was a simple meal, there was plenty of work involved.  A labor of love--we had a wonderful time with our friends.  The great payoff is that because there is no driving involved, we we could liberally imbibe.  We always ensure that we know the designated driver of our guests and ensure appropriate number and spacing of drinks.  
 
Today will be a lazy day.  Well, I'll do CPE on sequel server!  Headphones and a laptop will give legs and back a rest from the constant motion yesterday.
 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment