Sewing Room "Stuff": Stacking Letter Trays

 

Amazon has these 5 bins for $22.  I bought them .99 a piece at my local thrift store.  I think that you could find them at the Dollar Store, too. 

 I bought them because I thought they would make great sewing project baskets.  They work wonderfully for holding blocks that you have cut and pieced.  I found these to be a great way to move blocks that I have glue basted to my sewing machine.  They are lightweight (flimsy) but perfect for my intended use.  

If you have more than one project, you can stack them; otherwise, you can just nest them.

But whatever you do, do not pay 4.25+ a piece for them.

I currently have a baby quilt project for which I have cut the 6.5" blocks that are in one stack.  All of my 4 patches have been cut (I used long strips sewn in pairs, and then cut down).  I just need to press them open and sew them.  An index card in the basket is a great way to identify the project and the next steps when you just have a few minutes to sew. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment