Deb Tucker's Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star Ruler

 I have tackled the Lemoyne Star using several different approaches:

  • The old fashioned way with Y seams
  • Stitch and Flip Way
  • Deb Tucker's Rapid Fire Ruler

Deb Tucker's rulers are an investment.  What you spend on her rulers, you will receive many times in  return for both reducing your time and improving  your results.  I recently purchased this ruler, and I was working with it this weekend.

The technique is awesome, and you can find her videos easily. Is it a magic bullet?  No.  Cutting, stitching, trimming and pressing perfectly are critical.  Even with this fabulous technique, I cannot say that I have a perfect diagonal on my seams when I trim down the final block, but it is close enough. As I work with this technique more, I will see where I'm going awry. Like any new construction technique, you have to do a practice run (or two or three).

 I'm really pleased with my purchase and highly recommend.

I'll post a pic of the quilt that I make.


 


0 comments:

Post a Comment