Quilting Ruler First Aid | More Cross Pollination Tips


https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/115799P/transpore-surgical-tape-family-photo.jpg

Yeah, they make those fancy and expensive quilting rulers that don't slide.  You can make your own, simply. 

Just order some 3M Transpore tape--Clear.  It is cheap: You can get QTY (2)  10Yd, 1" wide rolls at Amaxon for  4.99.  Adhere them to the BACK side of any rule that you wish to transform into a non-slip surface and Presto-Chango...you have a non slip ruler.

I stumbled upon this given my slipping rulers and the price delta between regular rulers and the non-slip.  I was thinking about adhesion "stuff", seeing that some were using grit tape.  I didn't want to use that against delicate fabrics.  I remembered that I had some of this tape from my Dad's medical arsenal that I tossed into a bag after he passed away.  I thought I would try it out. 

I tried it on one ruler.  I wanted to ensure the following:

  1. It was easy to apply
  2. It was easy to remove
  3. It allowed the ruler to still slide easily into place
  4. It stayed put when reasonable pressure applied.
  5. And, it did not obscure the markings on the ruler.


All items were thumbs up.  It works beautifully.  Why don't you try it? Now I have a way to use this stuff before my kids go through my medical stuff at my demise!




0 comments:

Post a Comment