Quilting with Jeanne

Happily, Jeanne has provided a wealth of quilting videos to help those of us learning how to machine quilt.  You can find her here.  Sadly, Jeanne has passed.  I looked her up on the internet to find that she was about an hour from me, but I also stumbled upon her obituary.

While there is much about the internet that is just "stuff in the sausage casing" there is also much that is posted that inspires and educates us.  Jeanne's quilting videos do just that.  They are not glamorous videos.  They are the videos of pithy content: a teacher's inspiration and patient, repetitive exposition.

The hurdles of a beginner quilter are many, but  of short duration, so long as one is eager to ferret out the root of errors. Once one goes through the process of putting a quilt together, the matter of quilting it becomes a another hurdle.

One design that Jeanne demonstrates is making poppies.This method is somewhat different than what she generates in another lesson. However, try it (and look because I'm too lazy to find the other).  I use this for my girl baby quilts along with others. Jeanne is a consummate teacher.  Check out her other videos on feathers and the like.

Jeanne, you are gone, but I sent this heartfelt message out to the Universe: Thank you for sharing your craft with us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment