SNAP Update + Mockingbird Fledglings

 I went to the doctor yesterday to get a 6 week checkup on my mallet finger.  He informs me that I may have another 6 weeks of healing...but that I can gradually remove my splint for very limited times/activities--and it must always be in place while sleeping. Although as I quietly sat watching TV and removed my splint, I was quickly in pain as my finger started to droop. 

While at the doctor's office, I observed some fledged mockingbirds.  They were busy hopping about the landscape begging, and the parents were flitting about feeding them.  I was reminded how devastating cats can be as these little mobile feline/canine snacks were easy targets.  I keep my cats inside to protect wildlife, though for many years I did not.

It is the time of the year in Va to look out your window and spot new fledglings.  They may be hopping about in your yard waiting for a parent to bring food.  If you can, do as I do, and keep your cats inside to give wildlife a break.

0 comments:

Post a Comment