My Hunter's Star Quilt Top

 Below is my Hunter's Star Quilt Top (truncated).  I just finished piecing all of the blocks together.  Much more to do.

I made this from white background, blue and green batik fabrics.  The batiks are from Leah Day's collection that I bought from Quilty for $5 per 2 yard bundle.  I bought 10 bundles, but I wished I had bought more.  Hard to find fabric at a such a price.  This quilt used quite a bit of each color.  I will bind it in these batiks, and I think that I'll be done with the fabric.

The full size of the quilt is 5 columns wide (5 @ 12" FB) and 6 rows each (6@12) or 60" x 72"

Hunter's Star 6" Finished Blocks

You can click on the above and open in a new tab to view my handiwork.  Is every star perfect...no.  There are designs on the Batiks that are lost in their totality, but adds, (to my eye anyway) lots of visual interest.  I plant to gift this to a one of my oldest friends for use as a porch quilt.  I may add a coping border so I don't lose any poinits.  Overall, I think that it went together very well.  It is, though, alot of work.  Nevertheless, I found the cutting an piecing very enjoyable.   Please see my blog posts on my approach to this quilt.  I find this block captivating.  My production method (adopted from others and adapted to my tools) suited me, and yielded a high quality result.

 

Creative Grids Diamond Dimensions Rulers + Hunter's Star --Part 1
 
Hunter's Star: Part II

 

 



0 comments:

Post a Comment