Keeping Fabric Costs Down

 I approach my fabric purchases as I do everything else in life:  I look for a bargain and find a way to use it.  For fabric, I frequently shop Hancock's of Paducah.  No place online has better fabric deals (that I have found).  

This a.m. I was perusing and I found two great fabrics:

Dear Stella Moonscape Marshmallow

Dear Stella No Place Like OM

When I see white fabrics on sale I grab them.  At 15 yards buy more get more, I picked that fabric up for 3.19 a yard.  The No Place like OM, $3.99.

I had some Timeless Treasures fabric that was a white on white print (much like the Moonscape above except non directional) .  I used that in lots of quilts.  The floral was so faint (and sometimes I got the front and back flipped!) I could use it anywhere.  I was dismayed when it was gone.  It was so versatile; so lovely; so cheap.  I have a fat quarter bundle of moonscape fabric, so this marshmallow is going to get incorporated into that.

The OM fabric will make a great backing for quilts (who will see my quilting mistakes?), or used in its own right in piecing.  Further, fabrics such as this make great, fun binding.  Though I will say that directional fabrics have less flexibility in piecing, and you have to exercise care in use/placement.  

I like buying fabric at 70% discount!  So I have 30 yards of Fabric for $108 (includes tax).  I call that a win.


0 comments:

Post a Comment