Breville Toaster Oven

 My Breville Toaste Oven, which is an MVP in my kitchen died.  First, the convection fan failed.  Then, the unit failed to power.  At a replacement cost of $270.  Of course you know that I scoured the internet and YouTube in particular to find videos on how to fix.  I was reay.  Heck, I even bought the fuse for it.

I then headed over to ebay.  I found a used one, free shipping, and I made an offer on it.  The pictures showed that it was cleaner than the one I have (~10yrs old). So I saved a couple of hundred dollars (so long as I'm not disappointed with the condition.

I've generally had good luck on Ebay.  I have only had to ask for credit twice.  Once because a pair of binoculars I bought were stated as "like new" when in fact the lenses had striations from improper cleaning.  Optics were fine, but it was not "like new".  The seller and I worked it out.  The second time was something that was packaged so poorly it had a sensitive end sticking out (phone video holder) that was broken and unusable.  The seller offered me a generous credit without my naming a dollar amount.

I love that Breville Toaster Oven.  It is the first Breville appliance I have ever owned.  It is smartly designed, pleasing to the eye and has many useful features...all of which I use.  Because it is a larger size,  you can easily cook a smaller meal without heating up the big oven.  

The Breville is dead.  Long live the Breville.  May it come soon.


0 comments:

Post a Comment