Palladio Field Trip

My old KPMG pals and I did our annual jaunt to Palladio Restaurant (14 years now).  It was a beautiful Indian Summer day, and the humidity was low--a welcome relief from Richmond's humid pall. We continue to be amazed that they have not placed us on a do not serve list...we manage a few laughing jags (replete with tears and aching throats and stomachs) from our irreverant senses of humor.  We do try not to rise to the level of irritant as a crying baby, but stop just short.  We've not notice any leaving on our account.  Though there have been a few askance, disapproving glances in the past.

I was designated driver, allowing companions to enjoy the 4 course lunch with wine pairings.  It is a lunch to give some time and money toward...a three hour lunch with a price tag north of $100 with tip and tax.  Nevertheless, it is a splurge not done often, and to be friends known for so long, it was cheap fare indeed.

I took each of my friends a snack mat and my Haiku (with caveat) creation.  Oh, I'm not good, but that does not deter my trying!  Here's my verse.  If you like it, use it, but do use the attribution.


Friendship is like gold.
Lustrous, durable, priceless.
Sharing it brings joy.

Enjoy using this (insert your gift name here) and remember that Haiku, like friendship, is an art form that gets better with practice.   tidingsfromtheuniverse@gmail.com

Feel free to use it if you like it, but please include the email address.  Do something nice for your friends...they tolerate more from us than anyone else, including our family members.


0 comments:

Post a Comment