Lemoyne Star--Redux--Marking with the Creative Grids Corner Clipper

When I floundered about in my foundation paper piecing, I totally immersed myself so that I could redirect my gray cells into working backwards.  Yes, I am spatially challenged.  I wrestled with the bias seam on the quilt binding (the final join), until I simply turned the work.  Once I put my starting tail on the right and my ending tail on the left, my brain could instantly handle all of the remaining tasks.  Yes, just a simply turn of the work.

The Lemoyne Star has its own spatial peculiarities.  I'm still working on perfecting my approach using the approaches of others that I have collected on my quilting page.  On reason I abandoned the registration marks at the diamond midpoint is none of my marking tools did that easily.  However, this a.m.  I started rummaging through my rulers, and my Creative Grids Corner clipper is the perfect marking tool for this essential registration mark.  Just line the insided 1/4" line wit the outside of your diamond block and line up the the 1/4" hash mark with where the diamond turns. YOu will see a perfect little diamond

Now how easy is that?

0 comments:

Post a Comment