The Leftovers: Quilt

 

Part of keeping busy and trying to process the recent loss of our beloved Dexter, I was going through my "leftovers".  I had this adorable fabric that from Tuesday Morning that I've made several quilts with.  I decided to do an organic quilt:  Make pieces and see where it takes me.

I made 2" finished half squares triangles that I fashioned into pinwheels that finish at 4".  I then cut squares  *(4.5C, 4"F) of print fabric and white fabric an arranged as the center.

I kept the blocks on my design wall until I could figure out how to sash the blocks.  I still had my mushroom girl fabric; I wanted to use as much as I could.  I decided to make diamond rectangles (2.5x4.5/2x4) with a cornerstone (2.5C/2.0F).  I'm very happy with how it turned out.  

I should have put the pink square in R1C1 but I was too lazy to pull it out--I'll atribute to "one wonky block"!  This quilt finishes at 45"x45".  I'm piecing the back to use the balance of the fabric, and I will bind with the pink and grey bee fabric.

I really like the pink, grey and red colors together.  

I use Lee Henrich's Perfect HST PDF to do my HST.  I found it very therapeutic to immerse myself in this project.  Both my husband and I are having a hard time processing our grief. We've lost alot of beloved dogs, but this has been the hardest...all the harder as we have no waggin tales.


0 comments:

Post a Comment