KANBAN Implementation update and other matters

Tick-tock:  I'm 18 days into my KANBANFLOW implementation, and I cannot imagine life without it. It has been one of the most intuitive, fund, easy to use, powerful applications that I have ever used.  It has been nothing short of transformational.

There are few software applications that you can get started with in 2 minutes or less.  This application is one of them.  It is so thoughtfully designed, and the interface is so easy, that surveying the terrain and making impactful (I know that this is not a word, but it should be) decisions about what to do now is not a drudgery.  Rather it is fun.  I remain true to the Pomodoro technique, and that combined with KANBAN flow has made me a veritable bulldozer.

I was once described as bulldozer by a partner at the accounting firm that I was working at.  No matter what was given to me, I plowed through it.  My tenacity has been one of my best qualities, and I genuinely like bringing order to chaos v. making the orderly more orderly.

DCS (a/k/a Dexter containment system).  Mark completed fencing about 1.5 acres to ensure that we keep Dexter contained. My husband accomplishes much--and he feels a duty to Dexter having brought him into our home.  It allows us to open the door to let him out for bathroom without having to be out there with him.  As it turns out, he is so used to our being out there with him, he's not so eager to be outside by himself. We do not plan to have him outside unsupervised.  I don't want him patrolling the fence guarding against would-be interlopers.

Coffee Pot Cleaning: I looked inside my stainless steel coffee carafe to my coffee maker.  The opening is too narrow to allow for proper cleaning either by hand or dishwasher.  My Krups ss carafe had a wider opening, and I could easily clean it (or put it in the dishwasher and know that it would get adequate coverage from the spray arms).  It was not a pretty sight.  I found the most effective way to clean such a thing courtesy of Kevin at Garden Web:
  • take a dishwasher tablet [or 1/2 cup of powder/liquid (not what you wash with but what your dishwasher uses) and place in coffee maker (or thermos)
  • pour boiling water in
  • Wait at least an hour.  Mine was not completely clean in 15 minutes, and I had to redo it, which is why I say an hour which was originally recommended. My eagerness to view the results sooner cost me an additional tab.
The results were spectacular.

Karma-Yoga:  I picked up my small tome of Karma-Yoga and Bhakti-Yoga that I picked up in a thrift store.  Sometimes I see a melange of books undoubtedly deposited there by relatives of one who has passed.  I see so many gems, this being one of them, that I wonder if family members ever pay attention to what their loved ones read. Swami Vivekananda is a favorite of mine.  If you have an interest in his insights, you can find a pdf of his Karma-Yoga here.  I will leave my post with this passage:

The cause of all the miseries we have in the world is that men foolishly think pleasure to be the ideal to strive for. After a time man finds that it is not happiness, but knowledge, towards which he is going, and that both pleasure and pain are great teachers, and that he learns as much from evil as from good.

Swami Vivekananda, Karma Yoga

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment