Modified Betwixt | Test Blocks

 

Here are the two blocks that will lay alternately in rows/and columns.

Learnings:

  • Making test blocks will ensure that you encounter and any address any issues that may arise.
  • Determine alternative piecing/construction.
  • Ensure that your scant 1/4" is appropriate
  • Evaluate pressing directions etc

Neither of my test blocks measured a full trim down size of 9.5"  I'm off only a bit. I had to ensure that my best scant 1/4" seam is used to get full measure for the block .  The second block is particularly audacious given the amount of seams.   But it is just a precious little block. 

Little is the operative word.  While I will proceed with this size block, in the future, I would use a 12" finished block, making each patch 4".

As I was piecing this together, I wondered what the top block would look like with the same corners as the 2nd block.  I created a circle.  Here is the quilt using that modified block in a darker scheme. Very striking geometrics don't you think?




 

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment