LeMoyne Star Breast Cancer Quilt

 Over the weekend I finished my LeMoyne Star Breast Cancer quilt.  The genesis of the quilt was that I had received a yard of breast cancer fabric.


 
I didn't know what to do with it, so I decided I would make LeMoyne Stars the traditional way.  I was determined to make this beautiful block and master y seams.  I ended up with many blocks in 2 sizes, so I set them on point and framed them.  I was very happy with the result. Below is a picture of the quilt top.
LeMoyne Star Breast Cancer Quilt

Since beginning the quilt, we have (regrettably) discovered a person in our orbit that would benefit from receiving the "strong", "courageous", Life" messages in the fabric. I bound it in a red dotted batik.
The pieced backing contains the same floral background and other stars.  So a star studded quilt that I hope will bring comfort and a measure of joy to the recipient.
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment