Modified Betwixt Progress

 All of my Ohio Stars are done.  I also managed to make a whole bunch more hourglass units than required. Not sure what happened there. The production of this quilt is nothing short of a grind.

My inner Henry Ford has been busily making adjustments along the way.  My best modification has been on my HST's (8 at a time), is to cut the bilateral sections only, trim closed using the trim measure on the triangle base seam line on both corners and then cut.  As it is a larger piece, it is easier for me to trim--and there is more under the ruler so it is more stable.  When you are working with 2" trimmed triangles, you can see how I was inspired.

I worked an insane amount of time over the weekend on this project...and still have far to go. I am reminded how folks in sweatshops had to work.  Not that what I'm doing is a sweatshop...but I was very tired from all of the cutting and sewing.

I plan to try spray basting on my design wall.  But I had to move my design wall (easy to do as it sits in an aluminum rail that keeps it stable at the bottom, and it just leans into the wall.  I need more space to maneuver.  I've never tried commercial spray basting as 505 seemed very expensive.  But if I can get this tor work well, the convenience will more than make up the expense.  I did buy some June Tailor spray which was much cheaper.  HOwever, you cannot use this with polyester backing and expect it to wash out.  Mine is 100% cotton, no worries.  But I made a test with a test block to see how it will wash out...just to be sure. 

I'll update.



0 comments:

Post a Comment