Melanie Ham's Passing

 I was sad to see that Melanie Ham had passed on January 12, 2022. She was not yet 36, and had a husband and two children.  Such a terrible tragedy to be struck down so young.  I so feel for her husband and children.

She was an accomplished maker with a gift and enthusiasm for teaching.  Though I was not a regular follower, her videos with her bright beautiful face and smile would show up in my feed. When  I did land on her space, I found it enjoyable. It was clear that she was a beautiful person on the inside and out.  And she inspired and taught many her various crafts.

From updates that I would see from time to time, she reported her struggles with her cancer diagnosis to include the surgeries and treatments. It was not a battle she could win.  Her husband had a picture of her with him.  She was unrecognizable, and it was heartbreaking.

My husband lost one of his best friends to cancer last year, and another acquaintance also lost her battle with cancer.  Neither were as young as Melanie.  But like her, left a family that will feel the ache of that terrible loss.

The internet certainly lost a bright star.  Her family lost a solar system.


0 comments:

Post a Comment