CrossBody Bag

 

I found this wonderful video for a cross-body bag on You Tube by Kay Whitt.  With my burgeoning stash of fat quarters AND some home fashion fabric that I likely will not do anything with, I thought making some cross-body bags would be a simple and useful thing to make.


I made the one to the right which turned out nicely.  However, after I made it, I elected to make another some other modifications that are different that Kay's. First, I added a 3/4 pocket to the back.  Second, I added a pocket to the interior. I will not add a pocket in future makes, because the interior is so flat, there is no need for such. However, I would NEVER make another bag without the 3/4 pocket on the back.

It's a pretty straightforward bag to make--and perfect for stashing essentials while not weighing you down.  I put a small aluminum spring clip on the outside so that I can clip my mask to the bag.  

I'll warn that the opening is 6" and is not all that big.  So if you are a  big-wallet person, it is not going to be all that easy to get in and out of the bag.  You'll then get frustrated in using the bag. My wallet is not big, but it felt stuffed in the opening, and was not all that easy to get out when I was at the checkout counter!  (I'll note that it fits nicely in my 3/4 pocket on the back. Even though I had a smaller wallet, I found it awkward. Of course you could make the bag bigger. A better alternative is to have a stash and go wallet where you can have your essentials and not add weight to your grab and go bag experience.





0 comments:

Post a Comment