8 days; 8 hours

Power is back!

Extraordinary effort.  GA, NC and KY were the crews that we talked to today.  I made a point to roll down my window and say thank you.  We had dinner at The Rose and Crown adjacent to the command center.  As we were pulling into the parking lot (the wrong way) we saw a young man leaning against his truck--dirty and exhausted.  We asked him where he was from.  He said North Carolina in that lovely Carolinian twang.  We expressed our great appreciation and wished him a speedy return home.

I have no complaints.  Living in a county such as ours, a generator is a needful thing.  It helps you get by when weather does not cooperate.  Our dependence on fast internet and access to easy TV entertainment (after debris cleaning up) was quite evident.  Our withdrawal reached a nadir when my husband declared that if we had a dish all would be well--accusing me of being 'resistant' to the idea.  Naturally, a dish is not a topic of conversation until a storm comes.

I went to the property and made a poor choice of walking in the woods.  I was covered in seed ticks.  Thankfully, I was able to remove my clothes and use a vinegar/water cleaning solution to get the buggers off.  They are so small you cannot see them....moving dots.  But when they bite you.....

 Thankfully I had a change of clothes, and I just had to work barefoot as my tennis shoes were crawling with them.  I thought that maybe the rain had washed them away.

I'm sure I missed a few and they will make their presence known.  Mosquitoes, no-seeums, ticks and a variety of stinging things have made life painful these last couple of weeks.  But I can now dry my hair and my clothes, so all is right with the world.



0 comments:

Post a Comment